This is the privacy notice of Brightbox Marketing. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Brightbox Marketing.
I am a sole trader registered in the UK.
This is a notice to inform you of the Brightbox Marketing policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (â€œpersonal informationâ€) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, â€œprocessâ€ means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
- Brightbox Marketing takes seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- Brightbox Marketing undertakes to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with English law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data.
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
THE BASES ON WHICH WE PROCESS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law Brightbox Marketing shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION WITH YOU
When you create an account on the Brightbox Marketing website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
Brightbox Marketing processes this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
Brightbox Marketing shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
INFORMATION WE PROCESS WITH YOUR CONSENTÂ
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. Brightbox Marketing may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
Brightbox Marketing continues to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us [email protected] However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
INFORMATION WE PROCESS FOR THE PURPOSES OF LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
Brightbox Marketing may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A LEGAL OBLIGATION
Brightbox Marketing is subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a court order.
This may include your personal information.
COMPLAINTS REGARDING CONTENT ON OUR WEBSITE
If you complain about any of the content on our website, we shall investigate your complaint.
If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
SENDING A MESSAGE TO OUR SUPPORT TEAM
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
Brightbox Marketing records your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business.
Brightbox Marketing keeps personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.
We use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
Brightbox Marketing may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.Â
- To track how you use our website
- To record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- To keep you signed in our site
- To record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
- To record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support teamÂ
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individualâ€™s computer hard drive for record keeping purposes. Cookies make using our Site easier by, among other things, saving your passwords and preferences for you. These cookies are restricted for use only on our Site, and do not transfer any personal information to any other party.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can, however, reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please consult the technical information relevant to your browser for instructions. If you choose to disable your cookies setting or refuse to accept a cookie, some parts of the Site may not function properly or may be considerably slower.
PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS FROM YOUR BROWSING ACTIVITY
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
Brightbox Marketing record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the hardware and software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
Brightbox Marketing uses this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
ACCESS TO YOUR OWN INFORMATION
Access to your personal information
- At any time you may request a review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by emailing us at [email protected]
- To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at [email protected]
- After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
REMOVAL OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at [email protected]
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
VERIFICATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
USE OF SITE BY CHILDREN
- Brightbox Marketing does not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
- If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian
ENCRYPTION OF DATA SENT BETWEEN US
Brightbox Marketing website use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browserâ€™s URL bar or toolbar.
HOW YOU CAN COMPLAIN
- If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL DATA
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, Brightbox Marketing keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- To provide you with the services you have requested;
- To comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- To support a claim or defense in court.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
Brightbox Marketing may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We solely advise you to print a copy for your records.